HOW TO USE GOOGLE STREET MAPS
Are you looking for a home? Are you noticing homes priced lower than all of the others in the same neighborhood? If it is too good to be true, than you need to ask yourself why? In most cases it is because it is located next to a busy street, or freeway?
The solution is simple, look at an Aerial view and or a Google Street map. If you are not already aware of it, Google has been photographing the US and has created an amazing way to look at the front of a home. Below are instructions on to use Google Street maps.
HOW TO USE GOOGLE STREET MAPS – 6 STEPS
1. In Google search, type in and address of the home or street, which should bring up a map. Click on the map.
2. Click on the Satellite square in the corner of the map—is the home next to a busy street?
3. Click on the little yellow or yellow & white man in the corner, which will turn the roads blue.
4. Use the pointer and drag the little man to the marked address or street – ON THE BLUE LINE.
5. The map will turn in to a virtual view of the street, which you can move around in any direction.
6. To get back to the map view, click on back to map in the corner of the Street View.
EXAMPLES USING GOOGLE STREET MAPS
Google street maps is one of my favorite tools to help people find homes and before I set up an appointment to show a home, I will look at the map and see if it is on a busy street. So, when you are looking for a home you like, look at in on an aerial view map. It will save you a lot of time and ware on your car.
The rule of thumb is if you can see the tires, it is probably too loud.
There are several other reasons why a home may be priced low and homes are often priced incorrectly. A lower price is not always an indication that it is next to a busy street. Call me at 805-270-5860 and I will be happy to help you determine if a home is priced correctly or why is it priced lower than other homes in the same area.